NEWS: Kevin Sullivan Opens Up About the Chris Benoit Murder Suicide

NEWS: Kevin Sullivan recently sat down with Jim Ross for Ross' Ross Report Podcast. Ross was masterful in getting Sullivan to open up about a touchy subject, the murder of his ex wife Nancy Benoit (Woman) at the hands of the man she left Sullivan for, Chris Benoit.

In regard to conspiracy theories that implement Sullivan: "The speculation did bother me for a while, Jim, until I talked to [Nancy's] mother and she said, 'I can't believe that people even think that' and she made me feel better. The sister made me feel better."

In regard to why there are conspiracy theories out there: "This is how people are so sick and so much of an idol-worship. They were looking for, and I don't mean this in any bad light, but they were looking for an out because he was a great, great, great, fabulous wrestler. We'll never know what caused it, but for people to believe something like that, means they believe that the earth is hollow or flat or whatever."

On Jim Ross' friendship during the tragedy: "That day, you called me at my gym to tell me. You sent me your regards. Only two people reached out to me: you and Teddy Long."

On the Nancy (Woman)/Chris Benoit WCW romance angle: "And here's the thing that was funny. I wasn't with Nancy for almost a year before that full time, but she came up with the angle and Benoit's wife was pregnant. And I thought, 'uh, something's going to happen'. If I had to do it again, would I do it? No."

On still struggling: "I mean, it's horrible to lose somebody, but to lose somebody in that way, a grandson, a daughter, a sister, and a son-in-law. I don't think we're every going to know. It's something that still baffles me. It's a horrible tragedy and I don't think anybody is going to be able to wrap their heads around it and why."




Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE