NEWS: Jake "The Snake" Extends Life-Line to Johnny Football

NEWS: WWE Hall of Famer Jake "the Snake Roberts" has offered to help maligned Cleveland Browns Quarterback Johnny Manziel. Manziel has been known more for his off the field incidents and less for his football skills, since joining the Browns in 2014. Well publicized incidents include a roadside fight with his girlfriend and pictures showing him drinking, all after he voluntarily entered rehab last year. These incidents were followed by Manziel missing a mandatory concussion meeting just last week that has him in hot water with his team and in real danger of being released. Roberts, who has had his own share of publicized incidents outside of the wrestling ring stated:

"I'm trying to get ahold of Johnny Manziel, and I'm going to tell that boy, 'You need to get on Antabuse,' I understand where his head is at. I understand what it is to be Jake the Snake, or Johnny Football. You got all of these expectations from other people. Not just yourself, but other people. You start being the party guy for them."

Roberts was one of wrestling's top stars before his career derailed due to struggles with drug and alcohol addiction. It wasn't until he received a helping hand from his friend, fellow wrestler DDP, that Roberts' life and career got back on track. That was in 2012, when Jake moved in with DDP and completed training with DDP Yoga. Jake has been clean ever since, was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, and is the subject of a newly released documentary entitled, The Resurrection of Jake the Snake.

Roberts added:

"You can't go hang out with a bunch of damn drug addicts and expect not to do drugs," he says. "You can't go in a bar and expect not to drink. So you have to find new things to do in life. Believe it or not, those new things are twice as much fun."

Roberts went on to say that he would even be willing to mentor the young NFL star:

"Yes I would. Put that out there. If somebody can put me in contact with him, do it. Not only him, but several of those guys who are screwing up out there...like [TCU quarterback] Trevone Boykin. You were going to be in a bowl game, and look what you did. I'd love to get ahold of him and sit him down. Say what I did in my career and what I did. At least I had a career before I blew it.
Let's get Johnny Manziel out here. I'll take care of him...I'll save his life or drive him crazy, one of the two."






 

 

Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE