NEWS: "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase Regrets Not Settling Feud with the Ultimate Warrior

NEWS: "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase was arguably one of the most hated heels in the 1980s and early 1990s. On the contrary, Ultimate Warrior was arguably one of the most beloved babyfaces of the 80s and 90s. While the two had their share of feuding in-ring, apparently their feud continued outside of the ring, as well. Reaching its heights after DiBiase made many underhanded remarks against Warrior in the regrettable WWE produced film entitled, "The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior," the two wrestlers never reconciled their differences before Warrior's passing in April of 2014. DiBiase recently sat down with the Joe Cronin show and expressed his regrets on the fractured relationship he shared with Warrior.

On his regret: “If there was a regret, the one thing I didn’t get to do before he died, was bury the hatchet with Ultimate Warrior. Everybody knows there was no love loss between a number of wrestlers and Jim Hellwig, but when the company came out and put him in the Hall of Fame, I thought it was the classy thing to do. I’m a minister, I preach forgiveness all the time.”

On his remarks on the 'Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior': “All the guys that were interviewed, the guys collectively said the same thing, but we were all interviewed separately. I didn’t understand Warrior. When you come into my business, but you join the family, and that’s something that Jim never did. It didn’t seem to me that he was grateful for the things that people did for him.”

On Warrior’s Hall of Fame speech: “Some people said he paid me a compliment, but he really didn’t. I was going to go back there and shake his hand and say forget about it. Then I thought about it, and thought it was his night, and I’m probably one of the last people he wants to see coming.”

Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE