NEWS: Mick Foley to Donate His Brain for Concussion Research

NEWS: WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley has added his name to a growing list of former in-ring competitors (including Rob Van Dam and Kevin Nash) who have agreed to donate their brain for CTE research. Foley was known for his hardcore style and endured multiple concussions during his wrestling career. CTE, which primarily affect former football players, boxers, and wrestlers, can only be confirmed post-mortality, as the brain must be removed from the body and examined posthumously. CTE's long list symptoms include dementia, slowed speech, tremors, deafness, and even suicidal tendencies. Foley was hesitant to donate his brain to science; but, offered this quote in support of his decision, "I have been approached. Signing my name on that form to donate my brain took a long time. It’s a big step, but if other people can learn from what I’ve done, I’m willing to do it. I believe as long as I can continue to say the words Boston Center for Traumatic Encephalopathy that my brain is still working okay.” In the past, Foley has expressed concerns about suffering possible long-term brain damage due to the bumps he took during his in-ring pro wrestling career.



Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE