NEWS: RVD to Donate Brain for CTE Research

NEWS: Rob Van Dam has joined fellow wrestler Kevin Nash in donating his brain for CTE Research. Van Dam had the following to say on the official Taz Show Podcast, "I've donated my brain and spine to the CTE study. I used to tell Chris Nowinski that I thought there was a correlation between THC and brains being protected from concussion damage." Van Dam has suffered hundreds of concussions throughout his career; but, does not believe he has endured any permanent brain damage, "I've had hundreds and hundreds of concussions but I don't think that I have any permanent damage. A lot of my peers do. A lot of my friends say 'oh yeah, I space out' or 'see lights' or this and that. ... Chris [Nowinski] said 'you know what, you're probably on to something, but it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars before even start the study.' ... So anyway, now NFL is all over it." Van Dam personally believes that his consistent marijuana use has prevented any long-term damage from concussions; however, there is no way to corroborate Van Dam's theory while he is still living. CTE research on the human brain can only be performed posthumously.




Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE