NEWS: Wrestling World Mourns the Passing of Muhammad Ali



NEWS: Legendary boxer and activist Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3rd at the age of 74. The boxing Hall of Famer, who suffered from Parkinson's disease, was hospitalized due to a respiratory illness that quickly worsened, causing fatal septic shock. Ali had a rich history in the world of professional wrestling. His famous quips ("Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee") were influenced by wrestling legend Gorgeous George and were, in turn, widely influential to the wrestling promo. Ali was named as a special guest referee for WrestleMania I and even found himself in the wrestling ring a time or two: once with the 400 plus pound Gorilla Monsoon and another more famous occurrence with legendary Japanese wrestler Antonio Inoki.

 




The wrestling world mourned Ali's passing:

"As I've grown older, I've accepted losing many friends and heroes in my lifetime. I've never felt the profound loss and heartache of losing my all-time greatest hero. I only met him one time, a few months after suffering my debilitating stroke. His kindness, compassion and overall love of life inspired me so much then that words can't describe it. As a young man, his impact on my life and all the things he stood up for and against, his fights from Liston to Chuvalo to Frazier..., challenged and inspired me. Many of his life struggles served to guide me later on in my life. He was such a humble man in person, but what I admired most was his kid-like humour. He was the most patient and giving superstar I ever saw. He was always happy to take one more photo or sign one more autograph, and he never forgot who he was, where he came from or what he stood for. He was no mere athlete, he was one of the greatest men God ever placed on earth and I will never forget all that he gave. He's with God right now." - Bret "Hitman" Hart


"Truly the Greatest Of All time, such an inspiration in and out of the ring. God bless you and your family. Much love my Brother RIP." - Hulk Hogan











Make money from your Website or Blog with BidVertiser

Free Standard Shipping at Simple Canvas Prints!

Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE