NEWS: Maria Kanellis Takes on Donald Trump

NEWS: Former WWE Superstar, Maria Kanellis, began her career on reality television. Eventually she was cast to be a featured contestant on WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump's show The Apprentice. Maria was "fired" from the Apprentice, oddly enough, due to what Trump described as 'locker room talk'. Maria scolded celebrity chef Curtis Stone, "The reason why I said you were so arrogant was because you came in our dressing room and you took a cr*p and left the stench in the room." While those comments may seem PG in comparison to Trump's controversial "grab them by the p*ssy" comments he made on a newly released 2005 audio tape, the Donald took serious issue with them at the time. Trump told Maria that her comments were "a little gross" and "below the belt." Before he fired her, Trump emphatically stated, "This is my boardroom, it's not a locker room. Maria, you're fired." When audio recordings featuring Trump's misogynistic 'grab them by the p*ssy' comments were made, the TNA Knockout stated the following, "We are talking about a presidential nominee. When he is a hypocrite about things that he says, I guess then it starts to become a news story." Kanellis disagreed with Trump labeling his own remarks as 'locker room talk,' "I don't think that is locker room talk. I have been in locker rooms for the past 12 years in wrestling companies. I have been backstage, I have been in green rooms and I have never heard anyone talk like that. When you are trying to become president, you are held to a higher standard. Even if you have a past. You should have been a little bit more careful, you should have never said those type of things if you want to hold the highest office in the United States of America. So I don't think it was locker room talk, I think it was assault." Kanellis explained that her firing from the Celebrity Apprentice had more to do with her lack of popularity then anything else, "Among the people in front of me [finalists Holly Robinson Peete, Bret Michaels, Sharon Osbourne and Stone], I had the least amount of celebrity. The show's rating depend on popularity. I had the least amount of name recognition. I knew it was coming but I wasn't expecting it to come like that." Kanellis recalled a moment where Trump made her feel uncomfortable, "I have a mole on my shoulder and he said to me that I should have the mole removed because it is an imperfection. I just felt as if that comment didn't belong in the boardroom, I felt as if he should not be making comments like that to me and telling me that a part of my body is an imperfection. It wasn't something that bothered me at the time, but as a presidential nominee, it bothers me because of all the recent comments and things that he has said or that has come out. It just shows more and more what his character is." When asked if Donald Trump would be a good President, Maria replied, "In my opinion he is a great entertainer, but not presidential. I would like to be proud of our leaders and I can't be proud of a leader like that."



Make money from your Website or Blog with BidVertiser

Free Standard Shipping at Simple Canvas Prints!

Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE