NEWS: Nia Jax May Have Just Won Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year



NEWS: WWE Superstar Nia Jax is beautiful inside and out. She is a large framed woman and in a society that too often shuns what it deems as imperfection, she doesn't often feel beautiful. People can be downright awful sometimes. When Cheap Heat Wrestling covered an NXT show in Chicago last winter, there was a small group of WWE fans trying to get a "fat ass" chant started during one of Nia's matches. As a Superstar that doesn't fit the typical physical mold of a traditional female wrestler, Nia regularly receives abuse from fans and wrestling media alike. Jax made a huge statement yesterday with a Twitter post that set the Internet on fire. Nia took a picture of herself in a bikini, posted the photo and tweeted the following message to her 167,000 Twitter followers,


"Posting a picture of myself in a bathing suit is VERY hard for me. I have never been one to show off too much skin, and it's not just because I'm a larger woman. After this amazing #WrestleMania weekend, I had a chance to speak to a bunch of young women & men. Most, if not all of them, mentioned that my #BodyPositive mindset had helped them to be able to find confidence within themselves, which really touched me and even brought me to tears numerous times. Thanksfully I have always had a family that has supported me and has always reminded me that my beauty comes from within, especially my mother. She constantly reminded me that "no matter how beautiful you are on the outside, if you're insides are ugly, that will be what everyone sees & feels." Don't get me wrong, there have been many occasions where I wished I could be thinner or have a different nose or hairline to fit in, but I realized that fitting in is not always as important as it seems; I realized that I love standing out in positive ways! I love sending a message of self-confidence and getting to share that with people. Self-confidence also goes along with being healthy! I work out all the time, I eat healthy & try (emphasis on TRY) to get as much sleep as I can. There are obviously times where I love to pig out and enjoy msyelf, but I always make sure to never lose my focus on being healthy, because no matter what, your health is the number one most important thing in life. We aren't meant to look the same, but we are all meant to be healthy. We are all beautiful in different ways. Staying healthy adds to beauty. Even more importantly, it will increase your self-confidence. That's been my experience at least. #JaxJungle #NotLikeMost #PowerOfBeingYou."
After posting the message hundreds of fans took to social media to respond. Many were inspired and expressed what the post meant to them. One fan stated,
"This is so important! You're gorgeous both inside and out Nia, I've always struggled with confidence and self esteem but ---- I've been trying to lose weight in a healthy way, instead of stopping eating and I've been feeling good lately. I still ---- have a really long way to go but I'm getting there, things are hard and I've spent years feeling awful about myself but ---- it's inspirations like you that remind me that I should strive for health and happiness not being what society sees as ---- "perfect" because then I'll never be happy. Instead I'm working on the being the best version of myself and staying happy ---- thank you for having the confidence to post this Nia, it's reminded me why I'm working hard and trying to get better ---- you've shared such an important message, thank you."
Another fan wrote,
"I'm so insecure about my physical appearance. Your confidence, your athleticism, your beauty inside & out are a big inspiration. Thank you!"
Via social media Nia received hundreds of messages like this, mostly from young women, who were deeply touched. Cheap Heat Wrestling doesn't give out its Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year Award until late December 2017; but, it's pretty clear who the early front runner is.


Make money from your Website or Blog with BidVertiser

Free Standard Shipping at Simple Canvas Prints!
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Copy this code to your website to display this banner!


Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE