NEWS: Jim Ross Details Physical Altercation with "Macho Man" Randy Savage





NEWS: Jim Ross' new book Slobberknocker: My Life in Wrestling isn't short on shocking stories from Ross' illustrious Hall of Fame career. One of the most intense moments of the read includes a physical altercation Ross had with a terrifyingly incensed "Macho Man" Randy Savage,
"The one thing I soon learned about "Macho Man" Randy Savage is that he wasn't in character. What you saw on TV was him. He was that intense: first thing in the morning until the last thing at night. All that's well and good until he turns that intensity in your direction. 'Get out,' he shouted as he pushed out of the studio and into the hallway. All I could think was, 'I'm about to get my ass beat by the Macho Man. Holy shit, this is happening.' 'Who put you up to it?,' he shouted in my face. 'Who got you..yeah...to bring me in here to do all this work?' I whispered through my dry mouth, 'I don't know what you're talking about?' He didn't like that reply at all. He shouted, 'You keep bringing me in here to do these interviews and I'm not even booked to be here.' Clearly someone had been in Randy's ear stirring him up. 'Are you goddamn ribbing me Ross?' Randy I said, 'You're a household name. I want to get you on TV to get those angles over.' 'Shut up!,' his eyes were wild and he was talking a little to himself and a little to me. 'You think it's funny bringing me up here to do this shit, do you?' And then the surreal got dangerous. He stuck his finger in my face and put his other hand around my neck and began to squeeze. 'Because if you think that you're....' 'Randy!,' said a familiar voice from down the hall, 'the boys are working you.' I managed to turn my head a little to see Gorilla Monsoon walk toward us. 'This asshole,' Randy said to Gorilla about me, 'he's bringing me to do these promos because he thinks it's funny...yeah...to bring the Macho Man in to do promos yeah.' 'Jim is just doing his job. It's the boys who are ribbing you,' said Gorilla. Macho Man looked right back at me. He already had me pinned against the wall and pretty much peeing on myself. He leaned his head in against mine until we were nose to nose. 'I'm going to find out,' he said, 'and when I do...' 'You're not going to do anything,' Gorilla said standing behind Randy, 'I strongly suggest you take your leave.' Randy was breathing deeply, the veins in his neck were popping out and the finger he had in my face was nearly pushed through to the back of my head. 'I mean it,' Gorilla said, 'let him go.' Macho released his grip and turned to Monsoon. I certainly didn't want Monsoon at his age to get into anything physical. Randy didn't either. Macho stood down out of respect for Gorilla and then stormed off. 'You ok?' Gorilla said. 'I'm fine,' I said, 'lucky I'm wearing dark trousers.' 'He's intense isn't he?' Gorilla said laughing.....I didn't dislike Randy at all. He was just so amazingly unpredictable and talented. I had never been around anybody like him before. 'I think I might stop booking Macho in interviews,' I said to Monsoon as he walked slowly to the studio door. 'I think that's best,' Gorilla answered."
Slobberknocker is filled with exciting stories from wrestling history. Wrestling fans can purchase their copy at bookstores everywhere or by clicking the Amazon link below.

Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE