NEWS: "I am Preoccupied with Dying. I think about it every day." - Ric Flair



Royal Rumble Airs Sunday, Jan. 28! Subscribe to WWE Network To Get Your First Month Free & Instant Access To All Special Events



NEWS: Fox 5 Atlanta recently caught up with the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair in what has proven to be one of his most revealing interviews to date. Flair talked about alcoholism and his health after nearly dying last year due to years of abuse on his body. When Flair was asked how he became an alcoholic he responded with the following,
"I don’t carry a flask, I don’t drink at home, and I’m a social drinker. I mean my whole life, I never drank during the day. But at night, when I’m through working, yeah, I drank. I didn’t start ‘day drinking’ until probably right before my son [Reid Fliehr] died. And then, I really, after he passed away, it was 10 in the morning until 2 a.m. every day."
Flair's doctor, vascular surgeon Dr. Jim Elsey expounded further on Flair's bowel obstruction,
"If that goes on long enough, it causes a cascade of problems: hypoglycemic shock, sepsis, multi-organ failure. All of that which Mr. Flair had. He was in shock. He was in renal failure.  He had a complete heart block. He had multiple electrolyte abnormalities. I gave him about a 20 percent survival rate."
Flair was asked if he feels lucky to be alive and he replied,
"You have no idea. You want to know something? I am preoccupied with dying, does that make sense to you? I think about it every day.”
Flair is now sober and feeling better than he has in years. Flair's fiance, Wendy Barlow, said,
"I've seen him laugh more now than I have in a long time. I see him very thankful, stronger in his faith and very at peace with himself. I'm loving every minute of it."
The only 2-time WWE Hall of Famer appeared on RAW's 25th anniversary show last night along side his daughter, SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte. Fans interested in watching Flair's entire interview with Fox 5 Atlanta may do so below.



http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=234171&U=1308515&M=27552



Comments

CHEAP HEAT WRESTLING STORE